Tuesday, December 12, 2006

THE LOVE BOAT! EXCITING AND NEW...LOVE BOAT....

daa dee daa daa dee laa laa....don't know the rest of the words. I mean C'mon! How long ago was that show on??

This blog about my experience with the Carnival Cruise Comedy Challenge. It was a great time!! I got to meet some of my myspace comic ho's from the east coast. Holla!

I knew I wouldn't make it thru to the finals because my metaphysical act is not really cruise line material unless it's a ghost one. Hmmm maybe the Queen Mary in Long Beach Ca. then. Note to self, contact the Queen Mary director.

I have to say that I did feel a bit famous as several comedians said to me "You're Witchy Woman! You're on my friend's list" Hey! I don't care who recognizes me or why! The point is I got recognized! OK? I thought that was cool.

I was in the first group to go in and the 2nd one up. I just wanted to get my 3 min. set over with so I could eat. The other comics were great! We supported one another which I like to see. We got interviewed afterwards. Turner Network was there taping. So you know I got infront of that camera every chance I got being the big camera whore that I am.

Which reminds me of a story.... TLC was taping at the spa where I worked and I kept getting into shots "accidently" *wink* & they kept kicking me out of shots. I know! Hard to believe! But they did. I whined that everybody should be in a shot since we all had to accommodate the show. So they did a pan of all of us clapping at the reveal......yea, they cut it! The cutting room floor it went. I think they shot us just to shut me up. So who knows, I just may end up on the cutting room floor again. Baaaa Waaaaaaa!

I did make it into 2 differnet newspapers...ok you have to really look for me in one of them and know it's me. But my mother called, to tell me I was in her paper!! I was in a group shot. YAY!!

The judges were the owners of comedy clubs and a talent agency. The talent agency guy scared me. I knew if I asked him a question he would make me cry. I got the impression that he felt you weren't a real comic unless you've been kicked around on the road and did at least one show in Perduka or is it Perdooka, anyways it's in NY where the people are mean. I don't do mean. Being metaphysical myself I don't care for the club atmosphere with heavy drinking, smoking, heckling, ect. I'm use to a more higher vibration atmospshere. So I don't work as often as I would like...yet. Clubs are not the only place to do comedy!! OK, if I had the opp to work in a club would I?? YES! And when I get to Ca. I will. But here in God's waiting room, I have to find other venues.

I was glad I could NOT see the judges, only the friendly faces of my new comic friends. Although rumor has it that the judges did infact laugh at some of my jokes.

Now, the Ca. Funniest Female Contest I'm out to win!! At the very least the top 3. That's where my focus is now. Winning that. I go out in April.

So, I didn't make it thru to the finals and I congratulated the ones that did. I was happy for them. But I did walk away having a great time, more experience infront of intimadating judges, & great new comic friends. How great is that?? A. Very! Comedy is my love and I am her Bitch! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home