Saturday, November 18, 2006

THE HEAVENS WILL OPEN AND THE ANGELS WILL SING

Is what I told my daughter when we went wedding dress shopping. I told her she will know "THE ONE" dress because the Heaven's will open and you will hear the Angels singing. That's the only way you can get the right dress. It's in the bridal manual somewhere.

So me, Elatia (see previous post for pronunciation of name) and her maid of honor and soon (6 days) to be sis in law, Emily, all went dress shopping in Tampa. It was easy enough, got waited on quickly. Elatia starts coming out in these beautiful dresses and I'm like "Yea, that's nice." After a few dresses I think "What the hell is the matter with me??!!!" "Your first born is trying on WEDDING dresses and all you can say is Oh that's nice!! You cold hearted BITCH!!"

I mean, I wasn't feeling much of anything. I was really upset with myself on how I could be so emotionless! Really!! What's the matter with me??? All this is going on in my head as Elatia is trying on dresses. I probably looked crazy. Then it happens......

She comes out in another dress and out of the blue I start balling my eyes out! I guess the Heavens opening and the Angels singing is really the mother crying (it sounds better the other way). Which got Emily crying. Yup! It was a moment indeed, tears & Kleenex flying. Elatia then said "I guess this is the dress then huh??" I'm like "Ahhhhhh YEA!!" You can't go against the Mommy tears.

PB and I are doing the handfasting ceremony & we were going to both have speaking parts. LOL LOL LOL Really?? Me try and talk & do the ceremony too??? What were we thinking??!! Now that is funny! I'm trying to figure where I can hide the Kleenex on me. We realized that that was a HUGE mistake & I won't be talking just helping with alter stuff. Ya know like holding down the chicken for sacrificing.....that's for any of you muggles that believe the stereotypes of Witches. LOL

So my daughter found the perfect dress & she will have the perfect day & she will have the wonderful life she has created for herself & Ed. I am blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home