Thursday, July 20, 2006

BATES MOTEL HELL

I just got back from Cleveland Ohio on Monday. While it was a great trip and did a great show with great people, I was reminded of how far down the comedy food chain I really am.

Got tired of the damp, clamy, smelly Bates Motel Hell. I believe others may know it as the illustrious Motel 6. Yup! That's what happens when ur still trying to make a name for ur self in comedy, you'll go and stay at any dive you can barely afford to do your gig &....nothing but the lowest hotels will do. I was shocked that not only was there no concierge nor room service or pool or lobby, don't even get me started on the so called "lobby." It stunk so bad! It smelled like a bar on the docks where the hookers hung out....not that I know first hand about those kinds of bars... but I heard things. But no shampoo or conditioner or even a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN to hang on the paint peeling door!! That's just crossing the line of decency I tell ya!!. HELLLLOOOOO! Alone with the hubby!! NEED THE SIGN!! You had to write it on a piece of paper (which they did not supply) and your own pen because of course they did not supply that either!!! Then stick it in the door. SHOCKING! I know! There was nothing worth stealing there either! But we did have a great view of the Holiday Inn Select. Lucky for us huh?? We got a reminder everytime we looked out the window how far down the food chain we really are.

Ahhhh there's nothing like sleeping in a damp clamy bed or putting on damp clamy clothes in the morning or having your beautiful straight hair go back to it's natural full, frizzy, creepy state. What a great & wonderful feeling to have everything you touch feel icky.

The only thing missing was a young creepy guy always talking about his mother.

Yup! It made me want to light some candles, burn some nag, watch re-runs of Charmed (it was like always on up there) indulge in the cornucopia of sweets from the gas station we'd walk to & cut myself while sobbing...well either that or have hot monkey jungle love with the hubby ......Can't wait to do it again!

Blessed Be! )0(
WW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home