Friday, June 09, 2006

I DREAM OF RANJINI!

Ok I really don't but I needed a catchy title and that was it. What do you want from me I am on an antihistamine high! My eyes are so itchy I want to scoop them out and scratch the hell out of them, brush them, then roll them on a rough surface!! But that's not why I'm here....

I realized that I never wrote about my Milton Keynes show! I talked about it before we left and I really should read what I wrote about it previously but I'm not, too lazy. Anyway, Ranjini, my friend who put this show togther for me did an amazng job! It was OVER BOOKED! Ok, so it's not like it was a 500 seater that was over booked. Alright, not even a 100 or 50. Fine! It was a 25 seater which is good for me. (it beats 10!!) We had like 29 people squished in the room. A fire hazard perhaps but I wasn't turning down a paying body!! It's England, do they even have a fire marshall Bill?? I was comfortable and that's all that really matters... right??

The audience was mostly if not all psychics coming to check us out. I think they were pleasantly surprised not only by my act that they could sooo relate to but how accurate Martin was. Everyone was really laughing and having a good time except for this one putz! There's ALWAYS one isn't there?? He sat with his arms folded and didn't crack a smile. I saw the corners of his mouth wanting to smile but he was fighting it like it was a good or evil thing. What's up with those people?? I didn't let it stop me! Although I did want to smack him up beside the head!

I taped it and couldn't wait to see it because I felt I did my material really well. But of course when I played it back the sound was off. A bunch of psychics and electronic equipment squished in a room just don't mix! I did a book signing afterwards and I was feeling all famous like. It felt cool. Some people drove hours to get there and I can't get people to drive 10 mins. to a gig here!! I was really honored that people would drive that far to come out to see us. I hadn't even met these people before.

I had to reword some of my material because they are not familiar with some our expressions. Like they didn't know who Mr. Rogers was. Ok he's not an expression but a personality. Quit nit picking...unless you personally have nits & then why are you reading this and not picking your own nits!? OMG! The antihistamines are really kicking in now! They didn't know what Sweet and Low was. REALLY! They didn't know. Who knew?? Almost lost a good joke with that one but I recovered.

So yes, Ranjini did a dream job for us and I greatly appreciate it! Hence the title.

Off to go and scratch my eyes balls out now!

Blessed be!
WW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home