Thursday, April 06, 2006

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!

OMG! It was one of those moments you've heard about but think "Ahhhh not me! Not for a looooooonnng time!" Well, that day has arrived for me and Psychic Boy. The day you realize you really are....dare I say it....oooooo I don't want to....ok, suck it up and just say it! The day you realize you really are.........MIDDLE AGED!! *big sigh*

I mean, you know you are, but you don't really think about it. You look good, people still think you're twen....OK!! Thirty something. I'm not budging on that one! So it's not real. Until.......you're jamming to a song (Take It To The Limit by the Eagles.) and then you hear the radio ad and you realize you have it on......*gulp*...you have it on.....*big gulp*......you have it on the OLDIES STATION!!!! The fact that it's the Eagles on the radio is your first clue! WHAT??? My parents listened to the oldies station NOT ME! Then you feel the blood drain right out of your body! You feel faint, glad you're not standing but scared that you are driving with no blood to the brain. Oh good a stop light, I can gather my wits about me, what little I have. It really hits you that you are indeed *hands now shaking* (& not from Parkinson's) MIDDLE AGED! How the hell did that happen??? When did it happen?? This is total BS!!

It was then I realized that me and Psychic Boy are getting into our "Golden Years" Too dramatic? Too bad. We now have our own "Good Ole Days" & "Well, when I was in school......" EEEEEEK! Holy crap Batman!

In these days of cable tv where your kids watch the same shows you did i.e. Brady Bunch, The Monkees, Adams Family ect. And they do know a lot about the stuff that was around when we were a kid because of shows like "That 70's Show." It has helped shrink the generation gap with our kids. So in return MIDDLE AGE sneaks up on ya! YOU just don't see it coming.

We had another incident prior to this one that I let slide last week. But after this little hammer to the head, I have to count this as well. Psychic Boy said one of his phone clients was hitting on him and she was a younger woman. I asked how young (we try & out do each other..I had a 19 yr. old admirer for awhile). I did NOT like the answer! She was......*choking now*.....she was *cough cough sputter sputter*..... 36!!! 36????? Really?? A younger woman 36???? I was thinking 22 or 23 or twenty freakin something!! Certainly not thinking pushing 40!! BAAAAAA WAAAAAAA!

So there you have it folks! I admit it! I am middle aged *sobbing now* *wiping gigantic tears and snotty nose* Funny thing is I don't mind being 44. It's the whole MIDDLE AGED *echo echo* thing. Old people were always middle aged. NOT ME DAMMIT!

Well, you won't catch me sitting at home knitting, wearing a shawl, waiting for my AARP card to come in. They say that 40 is the new 30 and that works for me! I had my slap of reality and I'm quite happy to go back into my happy denial of being in my 30's! We have great role models today like Oprah, Goldie Hawn, Susan Sorandon, ect that we don't have to accept the status quo or "granny" status of age.

I'm going for my botox shots now so until next time.....

Blessed Be!
W.W.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny :)

For the record, you look totally GORGEOUS! :)
...and don't you know they say life begins at 40?

I've been starting to wonder lately how I got old(er) so quickly- and I'm only 25!

I say it's a conspiracy! (I don't know who initiated it, but it sounded like a good excuse at the time)

I was always so against cosmetic surgery when I was younger, but now I'm finding wrinkles and my boobs are starting to go saggy and I'm like "nnooooooo! I have to get married & have kids first!"

At least we can choose to look totally gorgeous when we are older- like was it that Brigit Bardot who has the beautiful long silvery hair (not purple or pink & permed) and looks like a total goddess (or is she the dead one?)

I love your blog! Go witchy woman!

-Brightest Blessings,
- Melinda

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home