Saturday, November 18, 2006

OMG! IT'S THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!!

No! Not to world damnation as the Chrisitans would have you believe. Geez! I've been hearing that one since I was a kid! Enough already!

OMG! Six more sleeps and I'll be a mother in law *echo echo* I haven't had any classes yet on how to be a proper mother in-law. Ya know, like how to be all nosey, a buttinsky and opinionated like (ok, some might say I have the latter down pat but they lie! Lie I tell ya!)

My daughter is getting married Nov. 11 a great manifesting date, yes, I did pick it, BUTT my daughter agreed to it. I didn't force it, I just merely suggested the date.

When she got engaged 17 months ago, which seemed like an eternity, we went right to work on booking everything. I was so proud of myself. I wasn't butting in, I was all well behaved....until the cake incident that is. We went for a cake tasting and were looking at styles. Ed, the groom, was there being all guy like and agreeing to whatever we said. Good groom! I was so proud of myself because I wasn't pushing what I wanted on my daughter. I couldn't understand why these mother's couldn't control themselves and let their daughters' have the wedding they wanted. What's the matter with them?? I was about to find out!

I showed my daughter, Elatia, (long E, long A, and sha at the end) the tiny peals on a cake. She liked them. When the cake lady came out and we started showing her what we...I mean they liked she showed us another kind of pearl design & without even thinking I said "NO! WE don't want that! WE want these tiny pearls!" I gasp and sat back when I realized what I had done. I was turning into a MOMZILLA!!! It just sorta happened. You don't see it coming! You get so into the planning you forget who you're planning it for.

So I knew I would have to back off so I wouldn't get over bearing about it. I told my daughter I would help but would keep my distance. Well, sometime later she called and really needed help with the hotel and other stuff. I warned her...."You know you're inviting the vampire in now right?? I'm not responsible if I go over board." She knew the risk & took it anyway. :-)

Now here we are 6 days away from the magickal day! PB and I have picked the music for the ceremony, I have people calling me for the final arrangements for the day & we've had no arguements! She wasn't a Bridezilla and I wasn't a Momzilla.

Now I get reflect on the last 25 yrs of our lives. How fast they went by. How it seems like yesterday I was taking her to kindergarten. How she use to be shorter than me. How we use to be able to fit in a tub together. How she has gotten older but I have not. :-) I wrote her a letter when she was 13 weeks old around her Christening time for her wedding day & now it's time to give it to her. I just can't believe it. I will give it to her BEFORE the make up goes on. The date of the letter was Oct. 9, 1981.

Now that everything is set, all the emotions come up. You realize how fast your life goes by and how you need to cherish every second of it. Especially when you have kids. It goes by in a blink of an eye. I know it doesn't seem like it when you're up in the middle of the night so tired feeding them or having a poop diaper at the most inconvenient time, or vomit on your clean blouse, or the crying (mainly you) that won't stop & you begin to think they hate you or having to meet with their principal dressed like a leprechaun on crack about their bad behavior on the bus (or was that just me). I promise you it's all worth every milisecond! Before you know it instead of teaching them how to tie their shoes you will be helping them with their wedding shoes & dress, and china pattern, and helping them pick out their own child's nursery stuff.

Believe me, there were times I didn't think my daughter was going to make it out of her teen years. But we both survived & so will you. Just love them with all your heart and enjoy every moment.

Abundant Blessings,
WW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home