Saturday, February 17, 2007

WE KILLED AT FOUR GEES

SATURDAY FEB.10, 2007

WE KILLED AT 4 GEES
Current mood: accomplished

Star date Jan 21st 2007 7:30p.m. WE KICKED ROYAL BOOTAY!! We ROCKED the house! It was awesome!! It was our first show of the year and it was sold out! AND we had to turn people away!!

While I have performed infront of several hundred people before, it was just 5 min open mics. This was our very own 2 hour show! So having 60 people is incredible. We were scrounging for chairs to accommodate as many people as we could. We were at capacity.

The first time I did a paying gig was in Feb 2005 in Huntington Bch Ca. and I had 25 people there, we were squeezing them in there as well.. It felt like 250!! I got a standing O that night. It blew me away. When you have people that are right there with you as you take them on your comedy ride...well, there's nothing like it! You get hooked!

So that night, Jan 21st was our first "big" show & everyone had a great time. People came up to us saying how much fun they had and how funny we were. (I got a standing O if you count people standing at intermission...and I do! :-) ) It was awesome! I wish I could do it more! We'll be booking another show there soon, probably March.

It's so weird how things work in comedy. It's a hit or miss here in God's waiting room, because people aren't into metaphysics much here. They say they are but they are not. Mostly wanna bees. But in So Cal I do well everytime no matter if it's a metaphysical store, a coffee house or a comedy club. I've done the Improv out there with a great reception. They just get me out there. I guess cause everyone sees dead people out there or something. Who cares! I fit in somewhere! Now alls I got to do is move!

On those amazing nights I just know that comedy is my love and I am her bitch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home