Wednesday, February 22, 2006

4 DIVAS AND A DUDE!

Merry Meet Again!

I just love that title! Had to start another post for it. It's the title of our show coming up June 17th in Huntington Bch. Ca. at Mermaid's Treasure Chest. I know it's a bit far away but it's never to early to advertise, right? To who?? Well, to me so far. I just like to hear myself babble. Plus it's a great delay tactic for working out. I'm all dressed and ready to get it on with Gilad. Remember him? From the 80's? The Hawiian guy? Ok, maybe he's not Hawiian but he does his stuff on a beach in Hawaii. Man I can really babble on when I'm procrastinating huh? Anyway I have his dvd's to work out with and should get to it but, oh yea, the show.

Anyway, this 4 Divas and a Dude show will be 3 Drumming Divas for a 1/2 hr. and then me and Psychic Boy do our comedy and mediumship 2 hour show. I do an hour of metaphysical comedy and P.B. does an hour of random audience readings. It's been said it's like Comedy Central meets Crossing Over. I can't get in trouble for that because someone else said it was like Comedy Central meets Crossing Over. :^)

If you happen live in or around the Huntington Bch area call Mermaid's Treasure Chest for tickets. I just sounded like that announcer dude on The Price Is Right! I'll send in my app. You gotta go to their site if you want to escape. First get a pina colada, a daquari or some alcoholic tropical drink, unbrella optional, sunglasses, turn up your speakers, get under a light if you can't get under the window or something that remotely seems like sunlight, don on your best bikini or speedo (if you're Canadian) and go to their website & enjoy. This is a great if you live in the frozen tundra. So evenif you have no intentions of going to the show go to their website and snoop around.

Their website is www.mermaidstreasurechest.com and the phone #'s are 714-962-0622 or 1-877-mer-angl Rhiannon and Dirk Berkenhimerschmidt or something close to that (I'm not making that up, go see) own Mermaid's. They are the absolute best! I don't know if I would've continued to do comedy if it weren't for them taking a chance on having me perform in their store.

My first show there was going to be my last ever. I had it with open mics & an audience full of crickets! I was done. It wasn't fun anymore. And isn't comedy suppose to be about the fun?? I think the word comedy gives that one away. That's a whole other story for another post. But I had already booked the show, my very first paying show so I couldn't back out. I was stunned that people were paying $12 to just come and see me!! The pressure to perform! I knew how guys felt at that point! I mean I only had maybe 20 mins. of material. Rhiannon asked me if could do 45-60 mins. SURE! I said, thinking Holy Crap Batman what the hell am I gonna do! I can maybe fake 30 mins. I'm a girl after all ain't I?? I can fake it. But 45-60!!!!!!! OMG! So a scrambling I did do. Not only did I make the 60 mins. no problem, I cheated and had the audience do improv exercises. teehee & I also got a standing ovation!!! It was the beginning of my career NOT the end! So thank you Dirk and Rhiannon! I know I've said it before, but I can't say it enough!

So I only perform in metaphysical venues......and now nursing homes. I'd rather have 25 people that get it than 250 people that don't. Don't get me wrong I love the bigger crowds. Infact, I have actually had a 250 people comedy club crowd get my stuff and it was AWESOME! It rocked to have that people right there with ya! I live to have that again!

OK, I better quit procrastinating and go and git it on with my hunky Hawiian, for all intensive purposes, guy Gilad.

Until next time...

Blessed Be!
W.W.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home